Two major buildings have completed construction, specifically the TRX signature tower known as the Exchange 106, and the 27-storey purpose-built commercial tower which will house Prudential Malaysia’s new headquarters.
Prudential operations are in the midst of moving into their new home, with more than 2,000 employees from four different outfits, while the Exchange 106 is expected to begin operations by the end of the year.
Overall, construction works at the TRX site continues apace, as per schedule.
- To date, TRXC has installed over 3km of Road Tunnels, Utility Service Installation Works and Tunnel Fit-Out Works.
- The North West Plaza, a major entranceway into TRX from Jalan Imbi and Bukit Bintang, has been completed. Pedestrians can now walk up the plaza directly to the Prudential building.
- Jalan Barat streetscape upgrades have been completed, comprising 600m of new and improved sidewalk paving and greening works.
- The elevated CBD Loop Road Network Link, which will serve the plots for The Exchange 106, Affin Bank Berhad and HSBC, is well underway.
- The wastewater treatment and recycling plant is now significantly complete. The plant, managed by Veolia Water Technologies Southeast Asia on a 20-year concession, is expected to help TRX reduce site-wide freshwater demand by half, as it recycles more than 80 percent of the district’s wastewater.
- Construction for the Jalan Tun Razak Traffic dispersal project has begun. This joint effort by TRX and DBKL is expected to reduce traffic into the city by about 30 percent.
- The underground section for the proposed connection to the SMART tunnel at Jalan Sultan Ismail is in progress. The loop tunnel, which will allow direct access to and from major highways like SMART and MEX, will regulate the traffic underground, taking visitors straight to the parking bays.
- The Exchange Retail Shopping Mall is completing its Reinforced Concrete Structure and the first Residential Tower within the Lifestyle Quarter, a 60:40 JV between Lendlease and TRX City, is in progress with Foundation Works.
- The foundation works for the Residential buildings by CORE Precious Development is also underway. The development will have 700 residential units across 3 blocks.
- HSBC and Affin Bank Berhad, which are building their new Malaysian HQs, are currently undergoing Superstructure works and will be operational by end of 2020.