Recent announcement by the Ministry of Finance (MoF) to back TRX has cemented investors’ confidence in the project, and further injection of RM2.8 billion has bolstered the capacity for its master developer, TRX City Sdn Bhd, to deliver the project on time and on budget.
The construction works at the TRX site is in full swing, with infrastructure and plot development work, continuing per schedule.
- The Tunnels, Roads and Elevated Roads are being built. The Water Treatment Plant is in progress with internal fit-out and shall be managed by Veolia Water Technologies Southeast Asia on a 20-year concession, which is expected to help TRX reduce site-wide fresh water demand by half.
- Excavation and foundations work being done to the CBD Loop adjacent to Jalan Sultan Ismail. The loop, which will allow direct access to and from major highways like SMART and MEX, will regulate the traffic underground, taking visitors straight to the parking bays.
- Construction for the Jalan Tun Razak Traffic dispersal project has begun. This joint effort by TRX and DBKL is expected to reduce the traffic into the city by about 30 percent. Gadang CRFG Consortium Sdn Bhd will be building TRX’s elevated and at-grade access connections to three major highways.
- Superstructure Works are now complete at a couple of the building plots including the Exchange 106 Plot, which was topped out in mid Dec 2017, and now installed its the crown.
- The structural works for Prudential’s 27-storey purpose-built HQ tower reached the final floor in Dec 2017 and the tower is expected to be completed in Dec 2018.
- Piling and sub-structure works for The Exchange at TRX’s Lifestyle Quarter is in progress with superstructure works targeting to commence by mid of 2018. The Exchange is targeted to be completed by end 2020.
- Construction works for the HSBC Plot has commenced and superstructure works have been awarded to IJM on a design and build basis. The HSBC plot is targeted to be completed by Dec 2020.
- Construction works for Affin Bank Berhad’s Plot has commenced with earthworks being completed. Piling and substructure works has commenced since April 2018. The ABB plot is targeted to be completed by Dec 2020.
- TRX’s on-site MRT station is fully operational. The 5-storey high TRX MRT station is an interchange for both the Sungai Buloh-Kajang (SBK) and Sungai Buloh-Serdang-Putrajaya lines.
To date, TRX has signed global property and infrastructure group, Lendlease to develop the Lifestyle Quarter; Indonesia’s leading property developer Mulia Group to develop the Signature Tower plot; Affin Bank Berhad for an office tower; Lembaga Tabung Haji for a residential plot, global leader in water management Veolia Water Technologies South East Asia as the water treatment and recycling concessionaire; IJM for an office tower with a long term lease to Prudential as Prudential’s new Malaysian HQ; HSBC for a new Malaysian HQ; and WCT for a residential plot.