Kuala Lumpur, 3 May 2017
- TRX City Sdn Bhd would like to announce that the Share Sale Agreement (SSA) entered into on 31 December 2015 with Iskandar Waterfront Holdings Sdn Bhd (IWH) and China Railway Engineering Corperation (M) Sdn Bhd (CREC) – who on 21 July 2016 assigned its benefits and responsibilities to IWH CREC Sdn Bhd – regarding the sale of 60% of the issued and paid-up capital of Bandar Malaysia Sdn Bhd, has lapsed.
- This is because, despite repeated extensions being granted, IWH CREC failed to meet the payment obligations outlined in the Conditions Precedent under the SSA. As a result, the share sale agreement between the parties stands null and void with immediate effect.
- Looking ahead, given a significant appreciation in the value of the Bandar Malaysia land, TRX City’s sole shareholder the Ministry of Finance will now be retaining 100% ownership of the site to ensure that the Malaysian people benefit from its development in its entirety.
- TRX City will immediately be inviting expressions of interest for the role of master developer of Bandar Malaysia, with full ownership being preserved by the Ministry of Finance. The selection process will involve very strict criteria, including track record, speed of delivery and financial capability for such large scale development. This is to enhance all aspects of Bandar Malaysia, including its role as a business, transport, residential and tourism hub.
- The steps taken today will ensure that there is no detrimental impact on the long-term development of Bandar Malaysia and that, upon its completion, the site will serve the national interest to an even greater extent than before.
- Bandar Malaysia will be a catalyst for economic growth and national development. The biggest development site in Malaysia in a key strategic position, it will offer many business, investment and employment opportunities, including Kuala Lumpur Internet City, the hub for the new Digital Free Trade Zone. It will also be Malaysia’s transport nucleus, connecting the Kuala Lumpur-Singapore high-speed rail, MRT lines, KTM Komuter, Express Rail Link and 12 highways.